Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
What you need:
- 2 cups of boiled long grain (Basmati) rice – cooled down
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- ½ cup leeks – finely chopped
- 1 medium sized capsicum – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp boiled or frozen peas
- 2 tbsp carrots – diced
- 1 tbsp mushrooms – sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste (or ground ginger)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or ground garlic)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tbsp chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ajinomoto (optional)
- 1 & ½ tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick wok or pot and add the chopped onions and leeks. Sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and capsicum. Fry for about two minutes.
- Add the vegetables, (you may add to or change the vegetables listed in the ingredients)
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables turn crispy
- Add the salt, pepper (and Ajinomoto, if you want). When adding salt, remember that soy sauce is also salty. Mix well.
- Add the rice, and the sauces (soya sauce & chili sauce) and vinegar. Mix well.
- Stir-Fry for another 2-3 minutes, the rice will become a bit crisp and serve hot.